• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Marrige Restriction

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brianlundell

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? WV

Hello, I have a question I can't seem to find answer for and thought you might be able to answer it for me, or direct me to a site that could assist me.

I met an Iraqi girl when I was working at the CPA last year. She is coming to the states this fall. Through correspondence this past year we have found that we like each other and would like to pursue a relationship when she comes to the states.

I am a Logistics Officer in the Army and would like to know if I am bared or will forfeit my security clearance if we pursue marriage? I can't find this in any laws or regulations here. She has had friends that have married soldiers they met there, but the soldiers have had to quit the Army. I told her this sounds fishy, and the only reason I can think of is that they had top secret clearances; which I do not.

I feel if I ask this question to my superiors it will cause me problems.

This is just a fact finding questions that's all. Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

BelizeBreeze

I am a Logistics Officer in the Army and would like to know if I am bared or will forfeit my security clearance if we pursue marriage?
This is not a legal question but a chain-of-command problem.

If you don't want anyone finding out until you have the answer, then contact your base legal officer and ask.

My take on this however, since I had a Top Secret clearance and was responsible for investigating others for NATO is that yes, you will have problems, as far as the extent, that's up to your command structure.

brianlundell

Right

That is what I thought and would make sense with the Chain of Command. The soldiers her friends married had to get out of the military because they were in Baghdad saying they were going to marry someone. Nina and I after a year of emailing each other have found out we like each other and she is coming to the states on her own this fall.

She was very concerned about this and wanted me to find out if it was true because she didn't want the same thing to happen to me because she cares about me.

So I told her that sounded fishy to me. I mean security wise I won't even be looked at fot a TS till LTC and if I don't get it because of that, it's time to get out anyway i'll have over 20 years in anyway.

In the states you don't have to get permission to get married like overseas so the COC won't be an issue like it would have been in Baghdad or Korea. Samething sounds like to me.

thanks for your insight....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">