• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mom petitioning for custody/visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bella-Leigh

What is the name of your state? California

I have been estranged from my mom for a year. previously she was the daytime caretaker of my son until he was 3.5 for 3 1/2 days a week while my husband and I worked.
last november my parents decided to get a divorce and it was a hostile environment so I 1) removed my son from the house during the day and enrolled him into preschool where he is very happy. this was also at the advice of my mothers friends. 2) allowed my dad to stay with me temporarily, which enraged my mother to the point that she was taking it out on my family.
After a few threatening leatters to the home, her disconnecting our phone and attempting to disconnect our PGE, I decided that she was not stable enough to see my son.

She has not threatened to sue me for Grandparents rights. My husband and I are still together, our family is happily intact. however, she is trying to go about it the dirty way.
My husband has been clean and sober for 4 years. she has stated to us that she has copies of his medical records that she will have to expose to the court (whatever it takes) to get custody and or visitation of our son, she also stated that she has a judge that has already told her she will grant her the visitation.
is any of this legal? :confused:

BL

No.

Unless she can prove you two are unfit parents , do not worry about her obtaining custody.

And she doesn't have visitation rights either.

She can say all she wants about having a Judge on her side.

A Judge would be up in front of a Judicial Hearing board if he made a ruling with out Court hearings and/or deciding a case on the facts and Laws .

It has been mentioned so many times how low some people will go to obtain temp. Custody based on false reports .

If I were you I'd consult a Family Law Attorney ASAP to make sure that don't happen .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">