• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rights of illegal mother

• Thread starter curious neighbor
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

curious neighbor

can a woman that is here illegally and has a child from a u.s. citizen and the child is a citizen take the father to court for child support? she is working here illegally and is afraid that she will get deported if she goes to court but wants him to pay child support. she receives welfare for the child and they are pushing her to give the name. does she have the right to take him to court? and what will they do if they find out she is here illegally and working illegally? please someone advise, i don't know what to tell her, she is my neighbor. thanks in advance.

D

dsut

Good news, I say! If she can prove that her child IS the child of an American and her, as you had stated, then I seriously doubt she whould be deported. Her child, if born within the confines of the USA, is now an American citizen. Only thing is, she has to give his name and he has to be tested if he refuses parentship of the child.
Best of luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">