• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

struck by boxes in supermarket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kacor

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Jersey

============
Last month- Nov. 24 '04 (usa- Thanksgiving Eve) I was struck in the
nose by a number of 1/2 pound muffin mix boxes. Was reaching for one
high on a shelf when a huge stacked column next to it came down hitting
me on the top of the nose. Consequently there was a big cut on my nose
and it was bleeding. Two managers were called over and they assisted me
with tissues and band aids. They took my name, address, etc. and told me they thought I would need stitches

I was a bit shook up and but also embarrassed.

I didn't seek any type of medical treatment (no insurance)

Ok, so that was last month. I haven't heard from the store. I'm a bit
miffed that they haven't even *followed up* with me either through
themselves or their insurance company. What's worse is that I still
have this scar across the top of my nose which people still stare at
and ask about- it just looks ridiculous and doesn't appear to want to
heal completely

Basically I don't know what to do- I was certain that the supermarket
would have at least called to follow up or heck, even offer me a $20
gift certificate for my troubles!

Or am I just being foolish?

KC

stephenk

the store is not going to make an effort to compensate you if they don't hear from you. For all intents and purposes the store may believe you have no intention to ask for anything since the store didn't do anything to cause the accident.

kacor

stephenk said:
the store is not going to make an effort to compensate you if they don't hear from you. For all intents and purposes the store may believe you have no intention to ask for anything since the store didn't do anything to cause the accident.
===

Do I have a leg to stand on so to speak? If I phone the supermarket can they provide me with the name of their insurance company- who I then can contact?

KC

HomeGuru

kacor said:
===

Do I have a leg to stand on so to speak? If I phone the supermarket can they provide me with the name of their insurance company- who I then can contact?

KC
**A: so why have you not contracted them since last year Thanksgiving?
And how is it that the store is responsible for your scar when you did not seek medical attention at all?

wonderwhy

is getting any money really gonna fix the scar and "pain and suffering" BS you went through? guess what i slipped off my porch yesterday im not gonna go sue someone bc i stepped on ice

kacor

I tried contacting the store the week following the accident but they were very dismissive. I am NOT looking for money, but I would like to know if their insurance company would pay for me to have this checked out by a skin doctor or somebody as I do not have insurance and I'm sure the cost would be astronomical. This appears to be a permanent scar

btw, nasty person who slipped on the ice at own house: completely different thing

I feel the supermarket is responsible for how they set up their store- ie; displays, floor conditions, etc.

KC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">