• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor UK drugs arrest but no conviction - effect on US visa?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rich

I'm from the UK. A friend of mine is 18 years old and just been given the unique chance of a work experience placement as a sports trainer in Washington for the summer. He has to say on his application form for the UK university authorities in charge of placing him in the US and getting him a visa whether he's had any arrests
or convictions. He was arrested here and received a conditional discharge two years ago for possession of a small amount of cannabis for his own use. The placement means a great deal to him but he's afraid that admitting to this small incident would either prevent him from getting his student visa or at least delay the visa procedure which would mean he could miss his placement. Can you please advise on the best course of action. I'd be very grateful!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">