• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asylum and marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ekovnatsky

Hi there
I came to US in March, 1999 from Russia. I applied for asylum in New Jersey in June, 1999. After court hearings I got denied by the judge and now have unfavourable decision dated June, 2000. Now I'm gonna apeal in order not to be sent out of US.
As far as I'm concerned the most probable way of getting permanent residency over here is getting married to US citizen. I have couple of questions regarding this marriage stuff. BUt most important questions are
1. How doable is that thinking about INS approving or disapproving my marriage, especially 'cause I got denial for my asylum case?
2. If my marriage doesn't get approved by INS, what's gonna happen to my wife? Will she have any legal problems or something?

Any advices would be very appreciated
Thanks in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">