• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vilation of intermediate license Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scushkadee

Violation of intermediate license Help

What is the name of your state? Washington

I am 16 years old, I received my license on my birthday, october 09 2004. 2 months into having my license, i was pulled over and issued a ticket for a violation of intermediate license, less than a month later, after just pulling out of my friends house, i was issued another ticket for the same reason. on the first ticket i was guilty, and i quietly went down and paid the ticket the next day, this second time I was driving home 3 friends, intoxicated minors. The police officers reason for pulling me over was that I was driving on the other side of the street, speeding, and "looked" like i was about to run a stop sign. I was on the other side of the street because thats where his house was, consequently i parked my car in front of his house. He looked at my car as I was going to the other side, so iwas on the wrong side when he pulled me over. I was not speeding, I had no intention of running the stop sign. As for the 3 intoxicated minors, the police officer was unaware of them, did not ask to see their faces, nor id's, he made no mention of drinking whatsoever. I am planning on taking this ticket to court, I am afraid that my license will be suspended for 6 months, I will lose my job if this happens. I believe that I was acting ethically, instead of letting my drunk friends drive home, I took them, it was my poor luck that the cop came around the blind corner as I was pulling over to the correct side of the street( I was parked illegally on the wrong side of the street). Do you have any adivce for me on how to handle this ticket, any advice to help me win my case and not lose my license? any help is appreciated, oh and this was on New Years eve

Niels Kjargaard

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

scushkadee said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

Thank you for your prompt respone to my inquiry. I am 16 years old, I received my license on my birthday, october 09 2004. 2 months into having my license, i was pulled over and issued a ticket for a violation of intermediate license, less than a month later, after just pulling out of my friends house, i was issued another ticket for the same reason. on the first ticket i was guilty, and i quietly went down and paid the ticket the next day, this second time I was driving home 3 friends, intoxicated minors. The police officers reason for pulling me over was that I was driving on the other side of the street, speeding, and "looked" like i was about to run a stop sign. I was on the other side of the street because thats where his house was, consequently i parked my car in front of his house. He looked at my car as I was going to the other side, so iwas on the wrong side when he pulled me over. I was not speeding, I had no intention of running the stop sign. As for the 3 intoxicated minors, the police officer was unaware of them, did not ask to see their faces, nor id's, he made no mention of drinking whatsoever. I am planning on taking this ticket to court, I am afraid that my license will be suspended for 6 months, I will lose my job if this happens. Do you have any adivce for me on how to handle this ticket, any advice to help me win my case and not lose my license? any help is appreciated, oh and this was on New Years eve

Niels Kjargaard

My response:

Yes, here's my advice. Some people just aren't meant to drive, and it sounds like you're one of them. Go back to riding a skateboard. Following vehicle codes appears to be too much of a brain teaser for you.

IAAL

scushkadee

legal advice please

Thank you for your respone, but unfortunately driving is part of my every day life, I need it for school and work, can you offer me any legal advice? A person has agreed to testify on my behalf to prove my case.

lwpat

And exactly what are you going to prove? You were in violation of your restricted license. The reason is immaterial. The officer had sufficient reason for the stop and you are guilty. If your license is so valuable then you should not have taken the chance. I assume that they do have taxis in your area or you could have called one of the parents.

If these are such good friends see how much they will do to drive you around.

HomeGuru

scushkadee said:
Thank you for your respone, but unfortunately driving is part of my every day life, I need it for school and work, can you offer me any legal advice? A person has agreed to testify on my behalf to prove my case.

**A: and unfortunately, you will not be driving in everyday life. You have no case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">