• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

B1 Business Visa for training purpose

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shayar

I am a citizen of India.I live and work in the United Arab Emirates(UAE) since Jan 1998.
I am holding a valid residence visa of UAE.This visa is only for employment purpose and doesn't give me any residency benefits.
I have got a job offer from a company based in UK.The company intends to send me on a training program to the USA.The training is of 22 weeks.After the completion of the training I shall be deputed on one of their projects anywhere in Europe or Asia(i.e. outside the USA).
The company wants me to apply for a B1 business visa(for training purpose)of 6 months duration(as the training is of 22 weeks).
My question is, is such a visa possible ?
If yes, from where should I apply? From UAE, the country where I currently live, or from Indai,my home country ?
If no, what kind of visa do I need ? Should I go for a student visa ?
Please advise.Thank you in advance.
Regards

Prasad.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">