• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I-45 review denied,deported in absentia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

berber

Without notice my husband was deported in absentia,after being denied political asylum,prior to our marriage. He arrived in 94,we married March 97,with i150 and i212 approved. Our attorney advises voluntary departure, but we are almost at the time line of seven years and fulfill all other conditions of suspension of deportation. Also, we fear that he will go to appointment in host country and not be able to return due to the 3/10 year bar(212(a)(9)(B)(i)(I)and(II). Previously,our attorney had informed and assured us when we went before the IJ that we would leave with permanent residence status. We were told my husband would have to leave and then return with a new visa. I am hesitant to trust my husband's return to me and frankly, am very frightened of his leaving at all. Do you suggest waiting one more year and hope for suspension of deportation? Any clarification or assistance is very appreciated

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">