• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession in michigan and international travel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bone

What is the name of your state?my bf got arrested for possession (around 1/4 ounce of marihuana) in michigan. he's never been in trouble with the law before. his case will be this month.

he is supposed to travel to see me in europe (where i'm from) next month.

is there a chance he will be able to do that?

thank you

zwara

shouldnt effect travel plans

I wouldnt see why not, this sounds like a misdemeanor offense (under 30 grams) and being his first time I would guess he would only get fined so it shouldnt effect his travel plans.....

JETX

zwara said:
I wouldnt see why not, this sounds like a misdemeanor offense (under 30 grams) and being his first time I would guess he would only get fined so it shouldnt effect his travel plans.....
And of course, you are the prosecutor assigned to this case, right??? That would be the ONLY way that you could guess what travel restrictions might or might not apply.
Anything other than that.... is just a guess on your part.

zwara

as I said.. since it sounds like a misdemeanor offense and although Im not the prosecutor It would be reasonable to GUESS since being his first offense he would get a minimal sentence as in fines, community service, or whatever and shouldnt effect his travel plans but of course I'm only GUESSING as to the actual outcome which is for the Judge to decide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">