• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foreign Mother & Child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kunming

On a Trip to China I met a woman who is now pregnant with my child.

Blood tests have eliminated the possibility that the child is not mine.

When born, I want to bring both the child and the woman to live in the US, but I don't want to marry the woman. How can this be done? (I am a US citizen by birth)

Please, responses only by those with identical personal experience, and lawyers working in INS--immigration law.

U

usdeeper

You may be able to bring the child into the US, but without marrying the women, there is little chance. The only possibility is her arriving in the US on some other type of visa.. like a B1/B2 .. however, it would be extremely difficult since she is from China and would be arriving with a child.

You only real option is to bring her to the US on a K1 visa and the child on a K2.. and then marry her..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">