• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor laws/Rights in a one-one-one meeting with a adult?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frfghtrjosh

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Is it was illegal to have a (private or one-on-one meeting) between a minor and a adult without asking the minor's parents to be present during the meeting ?? Any information on this will be very helpful !!

God Bless,
Josh

CdwJava

frfghtrjosh said:

Is it was illegal to have a (private or one-on-one meeting) between a minor and a adult without asking the minor's parents to be present during the meeting ?? Any information on this will be very helpful !!

God Bless,
Josh
Probably. But it really depends on the situation. Who were the parties? What are the approximate ages? What are the relationships? What kind of meeting?

In general, this is going to be legal unless some illegal act occurred.

- Carl

Happy Trails

frfghtrjosh said:

God Bless,
Josh
I was doing some research and ran across this:

Parental rights bills give parents grounds on which they can sue government entities, such as school boards and other state agencies, for violating their right to "direct the upbringing and education" of their children. If enacted, these bills would cause an explosion of litigation against school systems and youth-service agencies. Depending on a bill's specific provisions, parents might bring a lawsuit:

*because they were investigated by a child welfare agency for suspected child abuse;
*because a school provided sexuality education, a condom availability program, or a health clinic that gave students confidential services;
*because a school counselor talked to a troubled child without first obtaining parental permission;
*because a student encountered a subject that some political organizations or individual parents think taboo, such as "divorce," "suicide," "witchcraft," *or "creative problem solving," as the result of a reading assignment -- for instance, Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet (suicide) or Macbeth (witchcraft);
or because a school district refused to provide parents with vouchers to finance their children's alternative education in sectarian schools or other private schools.............

Found at this site:

http://archive.aclu.org/library/parentrt.html

Of course this is just a bill, but it clearly shows why some are against it.

CdwJava

Fortunately, I can't imagine something that outrageous ever being passed ... but, you never know.

Such laws would mean endless litigation and settlements.

- Carl

Happy Trails

CdwJava said:
Fortunately, I can't imagine something that outrageous ever being passed ... but, you never know.

Such laws would mean endless litigation and settlements.

- Carl
Yes, I agree. But I thought I would provide the poster with the information, as it may answer his question. Being only a bill with a lot of opposition it doesn't stand a chance in being passed. IMO

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">