• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want to get my ex-husband deported.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NOT HAPPY

My ex husband is due up for his renewal in 2002. He has beat me, broke my nose and a few teeth and we are in the middle of a custody battle. He says that he can't go back to his country because he didn't sign up for the military and I say that if he is deported then the USA will just tell him to leave anyway. Don't the INS investigate family violence? I wrote a letter to INS and the said that he is deportable but they have to wait for him to petition. If he came here on a 10 year visa and he is up in 2002, what time period are we looking at for him to petiton for residency? Also could I send INS the court documents about the abuse to speed things up. This is a dangerous man and if he were gone, it would make my life better. I know this is usually about people wanting to stay here, but I want to know how I can speed things up so he can leave!!! We were only married 2 years too.

U

usdeeper

Get a restraining order against him and continue to send all information to the INS. Ensure that you tell them the marriage is over. That is all you can do, will be up to the INS after that..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">