• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Russian friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Larry

My wife has a female Russian friend who was married to an American for 2 years on June 20. The husband has gotten a girlfriend and wants to leave the marriage. What will happen to my wife's friend? Can someone else sponsor her to help her get citizenship? We are worried that he will send her back to Russia. We live in Texas. Any advice will be appreciated.

U

usdeeper

Timing is an issue her.. I presume that they went through the Adjustment of Status interview that gave her a two year conditional permenant residence card ?. If so, then that allows her to stay in the US until that card runs out. At that point (actually 3 months before) she must apply to have the conditional part removed and the result will be a 10 year card. Sometimes the INS just sends it providing you have not be divorce.. other times they want to see the couple again..

Most of this will come down to husband.. is he willing to help her obtain the 10 year card or does he want her out of the US ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">