• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Immigration fraud/Marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

butten

Please help! My best friend, a U.S. born citizen married a man from Haiti, 6 months ago. I believe he used her to get a green card, as he doesn't even live with her and rarely even goes to visit her even though she lives about 7 miles away from him. How can I turn him in anonymously, as she won't and it is tearing her apart. She is afraid he will get deported, so she won't report him.

U

usdeeper

Did he come here on an I130 or K1 ?. I presume a K1 ??... In which case it is unlikely he has had his adjustment of status interview. Providing your friend does not attend that and lie then he will lose his status at that point. You can help by writing to the INS yourself if you believe it to be in your friends best interest. Go to the INS website for addresses or a number you can call..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">