• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Defender not doing his job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

innocent_angel

What is the name of your state? Indiana

My fiance is in jail after being wrongly accused of two felonies. His public defender has only seen him once in the past 3 weeks and didn't even ask him about his side of the story for his felonies, just kept asking him personal questions like why was I in a cast {which is no relavance {sp?} to why he's in there or anything else for that matter]. He also tried telling my fiance that I was telling him how abusive my fiance is, which is so far from the truth!!! :mad: The p.d. hasn't even done anything with the case. I am very upset with him and am currently working at getting a new attorney.
Is there anything that can be done to the p.d. for what he's done or rather not done? :confused:
How do we go about firing him?

Last edited by a moderator:

S

seniorjudge

" How do we go about firing him??"

Your friend needs to tell him, "You're fired!" Of course, your friend cannot do that until he gets a new attorney. So, hire the new attorney first (who may not want your case if your friend already has an attorney).

It's a chicken and egg deal: Anyway, if your friend has the money, all those questions will be resolved.

What is your friend being charged with?

Last edited by a moderator:
How far exactly do you expect a PD to go? You think your story is "original" ...Well hate to break this to ya....But it's not.

Damn felons...they never learn! :rolleyes:

innocent_angel said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

My fiance is in jail after being wrongly accused of two felonies. His public defender has only seen him once in the past 3 weeks and didn't even ask him about his side of the story for his felonies, questions like why was I in a cast {which is no relavance {sp?} to why he's in there or just kept asking him personal anything else for that matter]. He also tried telling my fiance that I was telling him how abusive my fiance is, which is so far from the truth!!! :mad: The p.d. hasn't even done anything with the case. I am very upset with him and am currently working at getting a new attorney.
Is there anything that can be done to the p.d. for what he's done or rather not done? :confused:
How do we go about firing this prick??
I'm guessing something along domestic violence line. Anyone else?

innocent_angel

First and foremost my fiance is innocent...I was with him the day he all these supposed felonies took place...so yea...he's NOT a felon. :mad: Second, he is NOT abusive....never has been to me and never will be with me. :mad: I broke my arm tripping over a bunch of things in my apartment b/c we had just recently moved into the place and I was trying to finish unpacking things. I am a very clumsey person.
The felonies are auto-theft and intimidation with a weapon. the kid handed my fiance the key, my fiance didn't steal the key nor the car...and second there was no knife and no intimidation. The pocket knife the kid said he owned and my fiance used on him, he lost 2 days previous at a party and he can't describe the knife and continues to change his story as to what happened that day...don't know bout ya'll but that's not enough evidence to hold my fiance, and the owner of the car has requested that charges be dropped.
It doesn't matter too much about the p.d. anymore anyways because he's been fired and we now have private council. I will be pressing charges against the kid who said my fiance held a knife to his throat, because he did lie to the sheriff...funny thing is...the sheriff didn't investigate....never asked any questions...nor was my fiance made aware that he had warrents for his arrest before he was married. Not to mention I'll file some kind of charge on the police officer that arrested him..telling me he wished my fiance would've fought back so he could've taken him down and put him in his place...kinda funny when that same cop pulled someone over a few weeks ago and got the crap beat out of him....this town is pointless...and I can't wait to get this cleared tell everyone what I think and leave.

innocent_angel

For those of you who tell me to keep you posted and "Just think when he goes to prision you'll have the single-wide trailer all to yourself"...where do you come from and where do you get off talking to people like that?!?! I don't know you and you don't know me. I'm not from the "hills" and am not under educated. I don't like people basically calling me trailer trash when they know nothing about me...funny thing is...I don't live in a trailer...I live in a nice 2 bedroom apartment and work in the nursing field. I am also studing to become a paralegal, and yes I will let you know when he's out of jail and freed of the charges :D . So, may all of you have a wonderful day and may God bless you all...because some of you may need it :D

S

seniorjudge

innocent_angel said:
For those of you who tell me to keep you posted....So, may all of you have a wonderful day and may God bless you all...because some of you may need it :D
I never said anything about trailers or hills since I have lived in trailers in the hills for many years...nothing wrong with it. And I need all of God's blessings he can give me.

What I want to know about are your injuries:

"Second, he is NOT abusive....never has been to me and never will be with me. I broke my arm tripping over a bunch of things in my apartment b/c we had just recently moved into the place and I was trying to finish unpacking things. I am a very clumsey person."

Thanks....

innocent_angel

Seniorjudge...I really wasn't aiming that reply at you but rather the other man who replied after you. My injury was a broken radius on my left wrist. I was trying to move around things in my living room and lost balance trying to step over a box and my kitten got under my foot and I fell onto the floor holding out my left hand to "break my fall" Needless to say it didn't work and I had broken my wrist...a clean break which was nice didn't have to wear my cast for long at all. Someone had replied that my fiance may be abusive and that's why I put the whole he's NOT abusive spew in there. My fiance is a very loving man with a heart of gold. So, again, my response wasn't aimed at you rather the man who replied after you. I will pray that God will help you as prayer is a wonderful thing. :D

S

seniorjudge

innocent_angel said:
...My injury was a broken radius on my left wrist. I was trying to move around things in my living room and lost balance trying to step over a box and my kitten got under my foot and I fell onto the floor holding out my left hand to "break my fall"....
"Second, he is NOT abusive....never has been to me and never will be with me. I broke my arm tripping over a bunch of things in my apartment b/c we had just recently moved into the place and I was trying to finish unpacking things. I am a very clumsey person."

You have at least three versions of how you injured yourself.

You are in an abusive relationship.

I pray for you to get out there before he hurts you really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">