• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Sherwood Rock

HI, I am a Canadian who would like to be granted my US Derived Citizenship. There is a problem however. I lived in the US for 5 years from 87-92. During that time I became addicted to cocaine and turned to trafficking to support my habit, as well as my American wifes.
I got busted, and incarcerated. All that is sorted out finally (has been since Dec/92).
I fulfilled the requirements of the courts regarding rehab and am attempting to have my record expunged. I have not comitted any other crimes but those of my addiction, which included a DUI in the state of California, the same place and time as everything else happened.
I have been clean and sober for 8 years and was wondering if I will have to fulfill the waiver requirements for three consecutive years before even bothering to apply for my Derived Citizenship.
I am self employed here in Vancouver Canada and have some humanitarian jobs in the very recent past. I was a foster parent to a mentally handicapped adult.
Thanks for your time, you guys do a bang up job.
My wife and I divorced after 7 years as she did not want to move to Canada to start a family with me.
Thanks again.

------------------

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">