• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What if I die before my wife gets the green card ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

ttldia

Say, I applied to get a greencard for my wife and kids (they are in the US waiting for their turns). I am a greencard holder, then I pass away. What will happen to my wife and kids? Will the INS honor my application? What do my wife and kids have to do in this case?

U

usdeeper

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ttldia:
Say, I applied to get a greencard for my wife and kids (they are in the US waiting for their turns). I am a greencard holder, then I pass away. What will happen to my wife and kids? Will the INS honor my application? What do my wife and kids have to do in this case?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What visa are you on ? If you die at this point then your wife and kids application will probably be denied. The best course of action for you is not to die :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">