• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

K1 Visa - Divorce- Reconciliation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Colleen71

Good day! I am a Canadian citizen who entered the USA on a K1 Visa in April of 1998. My husband (hes active duty USN) and I were married in May of 1998 and separated and divorced (hastily)in April 1999 at which time I returned to Canada(the divorce became final in June 1999. We have since had the opportunity to work through our problems and are desperate to reconcile. What options are available to us? He is now stationed in Norfolk, Virginia. Thank you SO much for your assistance.

U

usdeeper

I believe your only legal option is to start the K1 process again. If you enter the US as a visitor and just get married, it will look worse than most cases because you have been married before.

You have to start K1 again ... http://www.k1faq.com/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">