• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony theft and reserves

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JOHN_P13

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

I have been a reservist for almost 5 years now. In my civilian job I stole items and sold them. I confessed and now possibly facing a felony theft cahrge. Will this get me kicked out of the military? If arrested and / or convicted, how do I go about notifying the military? I had a clean record and a good standing in the reserves. Will any of that help?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JOHN_P13 said:
What is the name of your state? TEXAS

how do I go about notifying the military? QUOTE]

My response:

When you're in jail, and you don't show up for your Weekend-Warrior meetings, that's when they'll find out.

IAAL

badapple40

Seriously: I would call your commander and let him or her know. Waiting for them to find out by not showing up is inadviseable.

Jim Null

I think this would certainly fall under the general article in the UCMJ. You are responsible for your conduct while on duty and off duty. You SHOULD call your cammander, then speak to Base Legal for further advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">