• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

incorrect spelling

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

md12

I got a speeding ticket in Maryland (I'm a MD driver). I signed and got the ticket but the writing on the copies I have are not visible. I called the Automated phone support and when I enter the citation number the name I get is spelled incorrectly (has a "D" instead of a "S" in the first name). I have 3 options in the ticket.
1) pay the fine by mail
2) go to court (trial)
3) giuly with explanation. I admit that I made the violation, there will be no hearing but Judge will decide the sentence.

What is my best option. Will the court throw the case away becuase they got the name worng?

Thanks

HomeGuru

md12 said:
I got a speeding ticket in Maryland (I'm a MD driver). I signed and got the ticket but the writing on the copies I have are not visible. I called the Automated phone support and when I enter the citation number the name I get is spelled incorrectly (has a "D" instead of a "S" in the first name). I have 3 options in the ticket.
1) pay the fine by mail
2) go to court (trial)
3) giuly with explanation. I admit that I made the violation, there will be no hearing but Judge will decide the sentence.

What is my best option. Will the court throw the case away becuase they got the name worng?

Thanks

**A: are we going to throw this post of yours away because you spelled the words "guilty", "because" and "wrong", wrong? Get real.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">