• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driving on a suspended license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

magezid

I was pulled over for having expired tags and registration in Arizona. In the process, Officer found I had a suspended license for neglecting to pay a ticket for minor moving voilation. My tags were however valid although Officer said he could not see them, ANyway He wrote me a ticket for driving on a suspended license, Can the charge be thrown out because it was an illegal stop(There was no offense as tags and registration were valid)? And if not what am to expect once I go to court and plead gulity?
Thanks forr advice.

Happy Trails

magezid said:
I was pulled over for having expired tags and registration in Arizona. In the process, Officer found I had a suspended license for neglecting to pay a ticket for minor moving voilation. My tags were however valid although Officer said he could not see them, ANyway He wrote me a ticket for driving on a suspended license, Can the charge be thrown out because it was an illegal stop(There was no offense as tags and registration were valid)? And if not what am to expect once I go to court and plead gulity?
Thanks forr advice.
The officer pulled you over because he could not tell if the tags were valid or not. It is your responsibility to make sure your tags are visible (free of mud, dirt, etc....). So the stop was valid.

Driving On A Suspended Or Revoked License
If you are cited for driving on a revoked or suspended license your vehicle may be impounded by the law enforcement agency for up to 30 days. If you are convicted of driving on suspended license or revoked license, your period of suspension or revocation will be extended for an equal time, up to an additional one year.

Info. at this link:

http://www.dot.state.az.us/mvd/driver/DriverImprovement.htm

nanaII

nanaII

You are lucky. I got stopped about 12 years ago for speeding. I had a suspended license that was being reinstated the next day (I won't go into the gory details). I got arrested, taken to jail and fingerprinted. They let me go about a hour later, but it taught me a valuable lesson about paying any tickets. (I drive like an old lady now..)

HomeGuru

magezid said:
Thanks forr advice.
**A: that was not an illegal stop. An officer can stop a driver for any reason, even to say Hi.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">