• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Alarm - Disturbing the Peace?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PurpleOne

What is the name of your state?TX

Manager has informed me my alarm went off when I wasn't home. It kept going off to the point she said it as considered disturbing the peace (legal term?). It will automatically shut off after 6 cycles. Don't I have the right to have an alarm to prevent damage to my car?

See post on 12-28 titled Cats Nuisance...

HomeGuru

PurpleOne said:
What is the name of your state?TX

Manager has informed me my alarm went off when I wasn't home. It kept going off to the point she said it as considered disturbing the peace (legal term?). It will automatically shut off after 6 cycles. Don't I have the right to have an alarm to prevent damage to my car?

See post on 12-28 titled Cats Nuisance...
**A: you have a right to have an alarm but you do not have the right to have the alarm break the noise ordinance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">