• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The clerk doesn't have any record of my ticket...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jedilord

What is the name of your state? Florida

I got a ticket from the Florida Highway Patrol on the 23rd of Dec, and it's been 11 days not counting the 23rd, and the Clerks have no mention of my ticket. I tried paying my fine over the internet via Florida's clerk pay web site and it mentions nothing either. So...do these officers have a time frame to turn in tickets? I've had a couple tickets and maybe 2 days after they were in...so what gives?

S

seniorjudge

Check back with the clerk in about thirty days.

Generally, the cops have about a year to file these.

SEANNYD

Jedi,

It's been about 3 weeks since i got my ticket in CT and the court still didn't recieve it from the cop (big surprise). She woman on the phone at the court gave me a 30 day extention. So maybe if you call the court again and ask for an extention they will remember that they should have already given you one! :D

good luck!

S

seniorjudge

OP axed:

"I got a ticket from the Florida Highway Patrol on the 23rd of Dec, and it's been 11 days not counting the 23rd, and the Clerks have no mention of my ticket. I tried paying my fine over the internet via Florida's clerk pay web site and it mentions nothing either. So...do these officers have a time frame to turn in tickets? I've had a couple tickets and maybe 2 days after they were in...so what gives?"

I correctly answered:

"Check back with the clerk in about thirty days. Generally, the cops have about a year to file these."

OP sez:

"but I have 30days to pay it moron."

Since he did not mention anything about 30 days in the first post but called me a moron for not knowing something that he didn't tell me, this is the essence of trolldom.

When you answered him, you are just being a troll enabler.

You should be ashamed of yourself!

SEANNYD

Ohhhh OK

I see what you are saying now. Forgive me. But perhaps Seniorjudge has seen Harry Potter a few times too many. =)

S

seniorjudge

"But perhaps Seniorjudge has seen Harry Potter a few times too many."

Or perhaps not enough times! :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">