• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vacation time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pele

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

I work for two doctors in the same office. About 75% of my time is spent with one MD, the rest with the other. They pay me separately based on hours worked. However, they pay me equally for vacation time. The one doctor's wife insists that we cannot take time off before or after a holiday. The other doctor does not care as long as the work is caught up. The doctor's wife insists that because I work for them the most I must abide by their rules, not the other doctor's rules. I have never taken time off if I was not caught up on my work. I asked both doctors off for 12/23, since I would not have had anything to do. They both agreed. However, the doctor's wife had a fit. Can she impose her rules on me if the other doctor says I can have time off that I have earned? And yes, she sticks her nose in office business, does the posting of payments, has a 30% errors, and her husband lets her rule the roost, both in the office and at home.

Thank you

Beth3

Can she impose her rules on me if the other doctor says I can have time off that I have earned? As long as the doctors allow this continue, yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">