• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ebay purchase problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

magus

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I recently won an ebay item. I already sent payment (money order) on 12/23/04. The seller e-mailed me and said the item that I won was stolen from his garage along with other items. The item that I won and the item that was stolen was in new york. The item I purchased was for $95.00. The value of this item new is $1,300 (less depreciation).

This item was going to be used in a business setting and create income.

When It comes to business (espcially ebay) I dont trust anyone. When he told me that the item was "stolen" I sent him an e-mail letting him know that I was sorry for his loss and I also asked him for a copy of the police report, the police persons name who took the report, the badge number, precient the police officer was from and a list of items that was stolen with MY item on it.

I figured if it was indeed stolen then I will not leave neg feedback on this person.

If the item purchased was stolen what recourse do I have.

I do not mind going to New York to file suit against him. As I am originally from New York.

Last edited:

racer72

The only thing you are entitled to is a refund of the purchase price. Nothing more, nothing less.

tijerin

Technically, according to eBay policies, when you bid on an item, both the buyer and seller are entering into a contract. You "may" have a cause of action under breach of contract. You'd have to check your state laws.

teflon_jones

I don't understand what you're trying to get out of this. You're entitled to a refund of your $95, and that's it. Are you trying to get $1300 and loss of business income since you didn't get it? You're not entitled to anything beyond your $95...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">