• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

does crime effect ur military abilitys?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CaMo872

i live in florida and was wondering if i have had some "run-ins" with the police no matter what it was about would that effect mye joining the United States Marine Corps my father tries to discourage me about joining i dont know why buth he thinks i have a police record and keeps telling me that i wont b able to join the Marines (no matter wut it is for does it really matter would it effect my joining the Marines)

CaMo872

they said nothing

when i asked the recruiters they said it depends on the "crime" like if it was a mistimeiner or felony but in either case if i did do somthing like that wouldnt i know about it? i have never been detained by the police so does that mean i have no record that would effect it?

badapple40

CaMo872 said:
when i asked the recruiters they said it depends on the "crime" like if it was a mistimeiner or felony but in either case if i did do somthing like that wouldnt i know about it? i have never been detained by the police so does that mean i have no record that would effect it?
That sounds correct. If you were never arrested, and never went to jail, its probably safe saying you are ok.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">