• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless 89 in a 65 and radar detector in VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bulls6896

What is the name of your state? va
On Xmas Eve (12/24/04) I received a reckless driving ticket near Charlottesville, VA for driving 89 in a 65. Somehow the cop saw my radar and wrote me a ticket for that as well since radar detectors are illegal in va. The cop got my speed by pacing. Im only 18 but will be 19 by the court date. Is it likely to be able to get the charge lowered to just speeding? If so, what would you reccomend I do, and is a lawyer necessary? (most lawyers ive talked to said they can prevent me from going to jail and getting my license suspended)? Also, how much is my insurance likely to go up if the reckless driving charge stays? I have an improper driving charge from 12/31/03 (im no longer gonna drive on holidays!). Also, I was very cooperative with the police officer and didnt give him any problems. Thanks

S

seniorjudge

Your best bet (with your record and your current charges) is to discuss this with an attorney. You may be eligible for diversion programs.

You don't have to stop driving during the holidays.

You just have to stop driving illegally during the holidays (or any other time for that matter).

"Also, I was very cooperative with the police officer and didnt give him any problems."

Good for you...this is always a smart thing to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">