• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disability resources

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thinggirl

What is the name of your state? OHIO
My husband recently reapplied for disability after fighting for 5 years to get it.
We are now told I make too much money for him to get it. Are there income limits for disabilty? Where can I research this? He has never gotten it before and has been disabled from working for 17 years. Also is it a conflict of interest for your appeals to be heard by the same judge consecutively? Shouldn't the lawyer have asked for a different judge? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

ellencee

thinggirl
I don't understand your post. Was your husband granted Social Security Disability income benefits and lost them? If he has not received SSDI in the past 17 years, he probably doesn't qualify as he's been out of work too long.

I'm not aware that your income affects disability benefits.

If you'd like to provide information about the disability and the reasons given for denial, maybe some of us can assist you in finding answers.

EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">