• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seatbelt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rok123

What is the name of your state? NC
Is a seatbelt violation a moving violation will i have any points on my licence if i plead guilty? I am 54 years of age and i was not using my seatbelt since i did not have one nor a front seat for that matter. just got the car running and was taking it around the block to test it out did not go over 35 mph. i do not have a problem paying the ticked i know the law and that i was wrong just would like to know what to expect. will i have points on my licence will my insurance go up?

thank you in advance

S

seniorjudge

Seatbelt violations are generally not considered moving violations.

You should write the officer who gave you this ticket a nice thank you note.

"just got the car running and was taking it around the block to test it out did not go over 35 mph."

The judge heard that story about 100 times...and that was just last month!

HomeGuru

rok123 said:
What is the name of your state? NC
Is a seatbelt violation a moving violation will i have any points on my licence if i plead guilty? I am 54 years of age and i was not using my seatbelt since i did not have one nor a front seat for that matter. just got the car running and was taking it around the block to test it out did not go over 35 mph. i do not have a problem paying the ticked i know the law and that i was wrong just would like to know what to expect. will i have points on my licence will my insurance go up?

thank you in advance
**A: you should have gotten another ticket for driving without a front seat.
Geez, whose car was it, Fred Flintstone's?

S

seniorjudge

"**A: you should have gotten another ticket for driving without a front seat.
Geez, whose car was it, Fred Flintstone's?"

I was just trying to be nice to the guy...didn't want to tell him he could've gotten a ticket for driving while standing!

HomeGuru

seniorjudge said:
"**A: you should have gotten another ticket for driving without a front seat.
Geez, whose car was it, Fred Flintstone's?"

I was just trying to be nice to the guy...didn't want to tell him he could've gotten a ticket for driving while standing!
**A: and of course, using his feet for brakes.

rok123

Wow thx for the smartallic comments, i thought i might be able to come here and get an intelligent response but i thought wrong, this seems more like a forum full of bad comedians then a forum full of helpful advice. What did i do to prompt such an unreasonable response? I guess i was just dumb to think i could get some advice from a bunch of jobless pricks who cruse forums looking for someone to make fun of for there entertainment.

S

seniorjudge

" I guess i was just dumb to think i could get some advice from a bunch of jobless pricks...."

I really resent that!

I have a job!

Also, my answer was 100% correct.

I await your apology.

JETX

rok123 said:
Wow thx for the smartallic comments, i thought i might be able to come here and get an intelligent response but i thought wrong, this seems more like a forum full of bad comedians then a forum full of helpful advice. What did i do to prompt such an unreasonable response? I guess i was just dumb to think i could get some advice from a bunch of jobless pricks who cruse forums looking for someone to make fun of for there entertainment.
What a strange world you must live in where you can correctly spell words like 'entertainment', 'unreasonable' and intelligent', yet NOT know:
1) To use capital letters at the start of a sentence;
2) To use capital letter when spelling a pronoun like 'I';
3) How to spell 'smartalec';
4) How to spell 'cruise';
5) How to recognize the 'possessive' their (instead of 'there'). :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">