• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Block of ice smashed hood while parked at McDonalds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JRodriguez31

What is the name of your state? IL

While driving home To Chicago IL from Florida last week, we stopped at a McDonalds/Truck stop in Lebanon, Kentucky. While eating we hear a big crash, we turn to look and blocks of ice and snow had fallen from the McDonalds roof onto the hood of our Truck. The ice was so heavy in damaged the entire hood and fenders and broke the windshield wipers...
We had to have the right wiper put on the left side so we can continue or 6 hour drive home. Needless to say it was horrible. Can we sue? What can we do? :confused:

JETX

JRodriguez31 said:
Can we sue?
Of course you can sue. After all, anyone can sue almost anyone else for almost anything. However, the problem you are going to have is 'who do you sue'??

Unless you can PROVE in court that McDonald's knew, or should have known, of the hazard and failed to remove it (ie: was negligent), you have no case against them.
You might be able to sue the architect and/or contractor, as they MIGHT have known of the hazard.... but that would likely be expensive and complex in trying to PROVE their negligence.

Or you can sue God, as He (She?) is the party with ultimate liability simply by making it cold and wet to form the ice, then warm to make it fall. However, it is probably going to be extremely hard to serve Him/Her with notice of the lawsuit.

What can we do?
Ahhhhhhhh, finally some reality here. Contact YOUR insurance company and file a claim.

J

JRodriguez31

I have obviously mistaken this as a Real Advice Forum. I am not an idiot... We have submitted a claim with our insurance company and the truck is being repaired!!! The manager at the McDonalds told us and the other couple whose car was also damaged that they did know that the snow was there because the other side fell the day before. So What??? Where they just waiting for the snow to fall on my 3 month old or my 4 year old as we enter the restaurant??? Or the other couples 2 kids or the pregnant lady? What then? GOD may have put the snow there, but is it GOD's responsibility to clean it up?? or post a sign that warns people of falling BLOCKS of ice from the roof??!!! We have already been in contact with McDonalds corporation. They are investigating whose is responsible. I just thought I would check out some stuff on my own but I abviously stumbled on a bad site. Thanks for your sweet sarcasm! It really helped!!

JETX

JRodriguez31 said:
Thanks for your sweet sarcasm! It really helped!!
TRUTH!!! You can't HANDLE the TRUTH!!!

Clearly, you were 'fishing' for someone to agree with you and have no interest in obtaining a LEGALLY correct response. And since you obviously didn't appreciate the time taken to listen to your drivel and provide a legal response, please take advantage of our money back guarantee.
Send an email with a copy of your paid receipt to: [email protected]/

J

JRodriguez31

Thank you. Truly. Hope you had a Wonderful holiday and I will not be back to this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">