• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Municipal Court asks me to report for Hit and Run Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

arulam

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

Sir,

My wife had a minor collision with another lady in our apartment parking lot.
My wife backed the car at that time.Both came out and saw little scratches on the cars. The Other lady took my wife's name and number and she left the scene.After 5 minutes my wife left the place. She came after 10 days to my home asking for money since we refused to pay as scratch was minor. she filed a complaint in Municipal court again me and my wife as Hit and Run case.
Firstly, How can my wife state the case?what do think is a likely scenario?
Secondly, I was not Involed in anyway should I go to court?

Thanks

nanaII

If it was hit and run....

If it was hit and run, the person who claimed your wife "hit" her and "ran" wouldn't have much of a case, since she obviously had your wife's name and address in order to come to your home asking for payment of damages. I would call your insurance company to let them know about the incident. I would then give the name of your insurance company to the other woman and tell her to contact your insurance company if she wanted to make a claim. I would then let your insurance company handle it from there.

arulam

Thanks for advice

Thanks for your advice.
I called my insurance and reported about the accident and they said they will find out more information from police reports. We don't have other party's contact info apart from name to give my insurance number.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">