• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding in CT.... anyone?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SEANNYD

What is the name of your state? CT

Does anyone have experience with a speeding ticket (75 in a 65) in Danbury, CT? If you do, please let me know if you plead G or NG. if NG, what did you do in court?

S

seniorjudge

" if NG, what did you do in court?"

The good ones didn't act like trolls; they showed up early, professionally dressed; clean; hair combed; no smoking; no eating; no chewing gum.

They plead guilty, paid a fine and left.

BUT I betcha there's a diversion program. That means school or some other pain but worth it. Ask the nice lady when you go to court; she will tell you everything.

SEANNYD

Wait, so they plead not guilty to get a court date and then plead guilty once they got to court? Would the fine be heavier than paying the ticket itself? The ticket is 75 in a 65 for $203.

Thanks!

S

seniorjudge

"...Wait, so they plead not guilty to get a court date and then plead guilty once they got to court?"

If you plead not guilty, you get a trial. If you are found not guilty, you are let off. If you are found guilty, you are sentenced.

If you plead guilty, you are sentenced.

"...Would the fine be heavier than paying the ticket itself?..."

Yes, of course, unless you did not which then in that case it would be.

(My answer makes as much sense as your question. What are you talking about?)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">