• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

35 MPH in a 20

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jwats

What is the name of your state? PA

Exceeded speed limit by 15 MPH, first ticket in PA as a resident. Happy to give the State my $, but want to limit insurance impact. Trial upcoming and looking for advice on best approach....Thanks!

S

seniorjudge

When you go to court, ask for diversion (driving school, plea bargain with more dough for fine but the charge will be changed to nonmoving violation, something like that). Yes, it's a pain and costs more initially but you will save in the long run on your car insurance.

Bravo8

Good avice, except PA doesn't offer any type of diversion program (Such as driving school). You could ask to plea guilty to a violation with no points, which would then not be reflected on your driving record and your insurance wouldn't find out (unless you volunteered the info, of course).

S

seniorjudge

"...Good avice, except PA doesn't offer any type of diversion program...."

I see the initials ARD in PA posts; I thought that was some kind of diversion program.

Oh, well....

But wait till the Commonwealth finds out about all the dough they are missing out on! Diversion programs will flourish then!

Bravo8

Judge, you are probably right about the cash-cow of diversion programs. Maybe I'll mention it to my legislators...... ;)

The ARD program is a bit of a diversion program I guess, but it's not available for traffic violations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">