• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

officer's radar didn't match ticket - Utah

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tairmet

What is the name of your state? Utah

I got pulled over in Utah. The officer wrote the ticket for 107mph. When I asked to see the radar it showed 99mph. But he refused to change the ticket. This is a difference of $200.00. He said he could write it for whatever he wanted to. I have a witness. Do I have a case??

CdwJava

tairmet said:
What is the name of your state? Utah

I got pulled over in Utah. The officer wrote the ticket for 107mph. When I asked to see the radar it showed 99mph. But he refused to change the ticket. This is a difference of $200.00. He said he could write it for whatever he wanted to. I have a witness. Do I have a case??
Did he say why he wouldn't change it? Was the calibration off by 8 MPH or something? Or was 99 MPH a second reading?

Maybe he clocked you at 107 MPH and then only managed to lock in a second or subsequent reading at 99 MPH.

What you can do is admit to the 99 and see if the court will accept that.

- Carl

tairmet

He first said we were going 110mph, then 102, and then wrote us up at 107mph. But admitted that he clocked us at 99. (Sounds kind of like a liar to me) I had my cruise control set at 89mph. So he must have radared me when I was passing someone. He also admitted that he had been following me for 20 miles. (Admitting that he was waiting for me to speed up and pass someone.) He said he would not change the ticket because he could write me up for whatever he wanted to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">