• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to prove violations are fixed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ChiAl

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois / Chicago

I recently got three non-moving violations for “illegal” things on my vehicle. I was wondering if I fix the violation myself, how do I prove they were fixed when I go to court, since I do not have any receipts to prove it was done?

HomeGuru

ChiAl said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinois / Chicago

I recently got three non-moving violations for “illegal” things on my vehicle. I was wondering if I fix the violation myself, how do I prove they were fixed when I go to court, since I do not have any receipts to prove it was done?

**A: you must drive your vehicle into the courtroom and present the evidence to the court. So let's hope you drive a Mini-pooper rather than a Hummer.

S

seniorjudge

ChiAl said:

Drive your vehicle to court. Tell the judge the things are fixed and offer to let a deputy inspect your vehicle.

They will probably decline all these offers, BUT make sure there is nothing that you wouldn't want a cop to find in or on or around your vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">