• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got ticket in VA but no show to court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brighteyes732

What is the name of your state?
Live in GA now but got ticket in VA

I got a reckless driving ticket in Virginia Beach, VA back in 1999 but didn't show up to court...missed 1 date because moving to NC and got that switched but then couldn't make other court date because of no transportation. I want to reinstate my license in GA for insurance lapse for the same year but don't know if I can or if I would have a warrant out for me because of the no show. If anybody has any advice I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you in advance!!

S

seniorjudge

"If anybody has any advice I would greatly appreciate it."

Surrender to the Virginia authorities. They will explain how much it will cost you and how much time you will have to spend in jail.

In any event, then when you get out, you must get your license re-instated in Virginia before you can get a license anywhere else.

brighteyes732

thank you

:( thank you for the information even though i didn't wanna see what i saw on it. lol i never had a license in VA...i was driving on my GA license because i had only been in the state of VA for a few weeks at the most...why on God's green earth would you have a speed limit on a busy interstate set for 55 when i'm used to driving with a speed limit of at least 65 on a major interstate or highway for that matter....sheesh won't ever be going back to VA if i can help it. lol thank you again!!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">