• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Move Over Law Floraida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FMORROW6

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

I GOT A TICKET FOR FAILURE TO SLOW DOWN/MOVE OVER FOR EMERGENCY VEHICLE.
FIRST OF ALL, THE OFFICER WAS AROUND A CORNER, AND I DID SLOW DOWN AS FAST AS SAFELY POSSIBLE, GIVEN THE SHORT DISTANCE BETWEEN THE CURVE AND WHERE THE OFFICER WAS PULLED OVER.

2. THE OFFICER WAS ALREADY BACK IN HIS CAR BEFORE I EVEN GOT AROUND THE CURVE.

3. HE WROTE ON MY TICKET THAT IT WAS $115.50 FINE, AND NO POINTS. 3 DAYS BEFORE IT'S DUE (I WAS PLANNING TO JUST PAY IT BECAUSE OF NO POINTS), I GET CURIOUS (BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS SUCH A LAW) AND LOOKED IT UP. IT'S A $60 FINE AND 3 POINTS ASSESSED!!!! SO I HAD TO REQUEST A COURT DATE AT THE LAST MINUTE.

IS THIS GROUNDS FOR A DISMISSAL, BECAUSE, HOW CAN THE OFFICER WRITE ME A TICKET IF HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW IF IT'S A MOVING OR NON-MOVING VIOLATION, OR THE CONSEQUENCES AND CORRECT FINES. DOES THIS POSSIBLY PROVE THAT HE IS UNFAMILIAR WITH THIS LAW?

S

seniorjudge

"IS THIS GROUNDS FOR A DISMISSAL, BECAUSE, HOW CAN THE OFFICER WRITE ME A TICKET IF HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW IF IT'S A MOVING OR NON-MOVING VIOLATION, OR THE CONSEQUENCES AND CORRECT FINES. DOES THIS POSSIBLY PROVE THAT HE IS UNFAMILIAR WITH THIS LAW?"

Irrelevant.

It's up to the court to decide your guilt or innocence and up to the legislature to decide your punishment if you are found guilty.

Most Floridians do not know this, (yet). I will tell you the secret though. But sweeping changes to our justice system as a result of the voters approving changes to Article V of the Florida Constitution back in 1998, went into effect, the whole ball of wax, on July 1, 2004.

One of the newer aspects of these sweeping changes is Section 28.246. It's a newbie. This is the statute requiring the production, printing and distribution of the Manual of Payment of Court-Related Fees, Charges, Costs, Fines, and Other Monetary Penalties.

This cool little booklet, tells what fines, fees and costs are. No more guess work. For the courts or for the payee of a fine, fee or other charge.

Check it out. And tell 'em you got the goods on the true and accurate figgur. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">