• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems with upstairs neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmans23

What is the name of your state? CT

I own a condo and rent it out to a nice couple. The crazy lady living upstairs who owns the unit is constantly banging on my tenants' door and asking them to lower their radio, which is NOT loud. She has also banged on her floor (their ceiling). She has the audacity to tell them to turn down their tv on Thanksgiving Day and turn down their christmas carols on Christmas. My tenants called the police because they are sick of the harrassment.

I should add that when I lived there, I, too had to call the police on her and filed numerous reports to the condo association to let them know of her harrassing behavior.

And, my last year's tenants had been harrassed by her as well for having their tv on too loud.

She is absolutely crazy. The board knows it and her neighbors do also.

By the way, she's on permanent disability (only 39 year's old) so she's home 24/7 with absolutely no friends or family. No life at all.

What can I do???? Any advice???? I can't keep this up...can't keep having tenant's move out and complain about her.

rmet4nzkx

Try calling Adult Protective Services or instead of calling the police complaining about the noise, but the banging instead and have them do a well check on her, eventually they may cite her for disturbing the peace.

jmans23

Thanks! I will give them a call tomorrow to see if they can help. I appreciate your response, rmet4nzkx.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">