• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

condo "assessments"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mandybd

Massachusetts. I live in a condo that is part of the condo association. I just purchased it in May 2004. (I lived here renting for a few years also). I just got a notice from the association stating all condo's would have to pay $1,800. for past water bills from who knows when. The water bill is $70,000 with interest. The association is getting a loan for $100,000 to pay for this, and that is why we would have to pay the $1800. I dont think I should have to pay for someone elses water bill. Do I have to pay for this? Also, we pay $250 a month condo fee, this is suppose to cover everything on the exterior, but we sometimes get assessment fees to cover repairs to the exterior. Is this normal? Sick of all these fees.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

mandybd said:
Massachusetts. I live in a condo that is part of the condo association. I just purchased it in May 2004. (I lived here renting for a few years also). I just got a notice from the association stating all condo's would have to pay $1,800. for past water bills from who knows when. The water bill is $70,000 with interest. The association is getting a loan for $100,000 to pay for this, and that is why we would have to pay the $1800. I dont think I should have to pay for someone elses water bill. Do I have to pay for this? Also, we pay $250 a month condo fee, this is suppose to cover everything on the exterior, but over the past couple years there have been assesments of $250, $500, to cover repairs to the outside. Also, turns out the condo association people never filed taxes so Im sure that will be another assessment. What can I do about all this??? (Im mainly worried about the back water bill assessment)
**A: why did you buy the unit if there were so many problems with the HOA?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">