• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reimbursement for Unused Vacation!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danybells

What is the name of your state? Florida

My company uses an HR outsourcing & consulting firm out of Tampa, FL. I resigned and have 5 days of accrused, unused vacation that rolled over to 2005. I was expecting to be payed for my unused vacation b/c it does not state anywhere that you are not payed that money. My company has stated to me that since I voluntarily resigned (and was not terminated), they are not responsible (per the HR firm's policies) to reimburse me.

I've been told by a couple people I know that If it's not in writing, they are obligated to pay me.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

Thank You,

Danielle in Florida who wants her new floors!

Beth3

I've been told by a couple people I know that If it's not in writing, they are obligated to pay me. Your couple of people are wrong and the assumption that an employer has to state what they WON'T do or else they're obligated to do something is just goofy.

Florida has no statute addressing vacation pay upon separation, therefore it's entirely a matter of company policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">