• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I do please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jacksababy

What is the name of your state? New york :confused: .. I am a representative payee for a 41 year old man that is mildly retarded with an IQ of 59. The super of his apartment building had a new years eve party. The super was the bartender for the evening. I left the party and told the super not to give my payee a drink because he has the mind of a child and alcohol has a bad effect on him. He assured me there would be no problem. To make a long story short, the super ended up serving him several shots of Absolute vodka. He served him half of a quart bottle. My payee was so drunk that he wasn't even able to stand or walk. I went looking for him around 4:30 in the morning and found him passed out of the fourth floor of the building. When I found him the entire left side of his face was bruised and swollen. I called the police and when they came, they called an ambulance due to his injuries. Is the super responsible for my payee's injuries or any pain and suffering he incurred?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">