• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dep discharged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vnatinez

What is the name of your state? TX

I recently was in the air force reserve delayed entry program. In the time I was waiting to take off I got in trouble with the law. I was charged with a misdemeanor. My recruiter discharged me and said I could never ever join the military. I am in the process of trying to get the charges dropped.
If everything goes good and I get the charges drop , is the recruiter right? Can I never join the Air Force because he discharged me? Could have he given me a waiver until my charged was settled?

racer72

When and if the charges are dropped, you can try to enlist again. It is standard policy to drop those that run afoul with the law prior to activation.

armymp101st

If you were only in DEP you have nothing to worry about, as long as its nothing major as far as the crime goes that would orignally keep you from enlisting then your good to go. Before I went in the Army I was in the Corps DEP and was DEP discharge it didnt even go on my record. You can verify this with any recuriter other then the Air Force one obviously. Im not sure how it would work with you getting back into the Air Force though, another branch no problemo. Good Luck...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">