• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

8 or 9 Felonies will I ever be able to hunt?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bjd1983

What is the name of your state? Utah

I have 8 or 9 drug related felonies. I am sure that I have some firearm charges, but I didn't have the gun. Someone I was with did. Will I ever be able to exsponge my record or even have a two step reduction done so that I can have hunting privelages?

HomeGuru

bjd1983 said:

I have 8 or 9 drug related felonies. I am sure that I have some firearm charges, but I didn't have the gun. Someone I was with did. Will I ever be able to exsponge my record or even have a two step reduction done so that I can have hunting privelages?
**A: yes, if you move to Canada.

nanaII

Let me guess...

This is a joke, right??? You wouldn't even be on the street right now with that many felonies. You can kiss all of your rights to carry any sort of weapon away for the rest of your life.

CdwJava

nanaII said:
This is a joke, right??? You wouldn't even be on the street right now with that many felonies. You can kiss all of your rights to carry any sort of weapon away for the rest of your life.
Oh ... you'd be surprised. I just popped a guy this afternoon with 6 felony convictions ... he has yet to do ANY prison time, and probably never will.

I have seen people with a half dozen or more potential strike offenses get probation for the next felony.

At least in CA we aren't locking up all the felons and throwing away the key ... unfortunately.

- Carl

jst67

to answer your question yes and no. I'm not sure about your state, but many allow felons to hunt with a bow and in some, a muzzleloader too. However, in my state (MA) you need a FID or gun permit to buy/have black powder (and any of the products like pyrodex) and a felon can't get a FID.

so start looking on ebay for your bow, when youget out of prison you can learn how to shoot it.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bjd1983 said:

My response:

Congratulations!

Your initial post just became a Runner-Up in our end of the year, "Most Stupid Post" contest, being held on December 15, 2005 and the winner will be chosen by popular vote on that date!

Thank you! Make sure to come back on December 15, 2005 to see if you're our Grand Prize winner! The 2004 Winner walked away with a brand new Chevrolet "Corvette" convertible!

Yes, believe it or not, you could be our Grand Prize winner! We are giving away TERRIFIC PRIZES! For further details, Rules, and Prize list, click on this link for more information:

http://petit.philou.free.fr/

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Congratulations!

Your initial post just became a Runner-Up in our end of the year, "Most Stupid Post" contest, being held on December 15, 2005 and the winner will be chosen by popular vote on that date!
I'm pretty sure one of your lame and legally incorrect responses (of which you have many) will be No. 1. This guy has no chance against you.

rmet4nzkx

Rhubarb297 said:
I'm pretty sure one of your lame and legally incorrect responses (of which you have many) will be No. 1. This guy has no chance against you.
This is from a person who told a disabled person who needed an ADA accommodation to respond to a subpoenea, after I gave her the correct informaiton to obtain an ADA accommodation, instead you told her that the correct thing was to make a motion to Quash the subpoenea and it was difficult to do. Of course it is difficult because it would be the wrong thing to do. Thank goodness she recognized your advice as WRONG and followed my advice and is in the process of getting her accommodation and responding appropriately to the subpoenea.

nanaII

6 felonies and no prison time??!!

Boy, and I living in the wrong state!! The son of a friend of mine had two serious misdemeanors and did 8 months in prison!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">