• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long to start slip and fall case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

terri2004

What is the name of your state? OK

9 months ago my 12yo daughter fell down a flight of stairs and broke her leg severly. After 6 months of weekly orthopedic visits etc, she was finally released by her doctor on Nov 4. I notified her attorney that she had been released and was told they would request a final report from the doctor. I thought everything was ready, but I received a call today for my daughter's doctor requesting a follow up visit for the report that was supposedly requested in Nov. :confused:

This is getting ridiculous. It's now been 9 months and we haven't even started to approach the insurance company about a settlement. Does it really take THIS long to start the case?

wonderwhy

ok so your daughter fell and now youre gonna try and get money from that? way to use your kid. just deal with it sh!t happens get over it

JETX

terri2004 said:
It's now been 9 months and we haven't even started to approach the insurance company about a settlement. Does it really take THIS long to start the case?
It is uncommon, but not unheard of.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">