• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court drug programs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worriedmother1

What is the name of your state? TN
My son has two possession charges, and failed a drug screen while on probation. He was advised to enter a drug court progam to avoid jail and stay in school, he is 21 and in college. He has been in the program for 1 1/2 years, has never failed a drug screen and has done very well in the program. Twice now he was supposed to graduate, but they have found some reason to keep him in. First time he wasn't mature enough they said. We're being told now that these programs aren't good and are very hard to get out of. He needs to be able to get on with his life. Did he sign his life away with this program (we're told they can keep him in as long as they want) or do we have any legal recourse? His original sentence was 11 months, 29 days. If he doesn't get out of this progam in the next graduation, he will have 2 years in it!! Please advise!!!!!!!

S

seniorjudge

"...We're being told now that these programs aren't good and are very hard to get out of...."

You have been told wrong.

Also, I have discovered the source of your son's problems:
"My son has two possession charges, and failed a drug screen while on probation."

Until his behavior changes, don't expect any improvement.

worriedmother1

We have seen tremendous improvement. But are concerned that there is no end in sight to this program since they can keep him as long as they like. In the mean time, if he is late for a meeting he can be kicked out of the program and have to do 11 months in jail after having done 2 years in the program!! Remember he has never failed a drug screen since he's been in the program!!

S

seniorjudge

"In the mean time, if he is late for a meeting he can be kicked out of the program and have to do 11 months in jail after having done 2 years in the program!!"

You are exactly right.

He must follow all the rules.

(Read my prior post.)

txtea37

clueless in texas

:( Texas
What is the statue of limitation for a drug felony charge?also i have a few more questions.
never been arrested just hand cuffed that is all how long can they take for the inditment and for them to arrest us so i guess what iam saying is for both?
they took all the evidence with them and we think we are being investagated.and phone tap but we have never been in trouble before. but the star witness/snitch went to jail the following day for beating his wife and stayed in jail for about a week and then he got out and then he ended up in jail again. but we still havent heard anything from anybody but the officer said that we would be arrested on jan 19 but that hasnt happen now its been 42 days since all of this has taken place. so we are clueless.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">