• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA driver got a ticket in UT -How do I clear it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edvalencia

What is the name of your state? California - Ticket in Utah

I fell in a speed trap in Moab, Utah & got a speeding ticket (my first in 15 years). Since I live in California, I just paid the ticket and din't think about it anymore.
I just received my insurance renewal (AAA) and my rates went up because of that ticket. I am now trying to find out what I can do to get that ticket erased from my record. I have not been able to find any info. on the web.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ed

S

seniorjudge

"...I am now trying to find out what I can do to get that ticket erased from my record...."

It is possible (but hardly probable) that the court would allow you to withdraw your guilty plea, then plead guilty to a nonmoving violation and pay a higher fine.

Even if that happened I do not think your insurance carrier would reduce your premiums.

edvalencia

I figured since in CA one can take traffic school to get the ticket wiped out, maybe Utah had similar laws.
It sucks when you can't fight the ticket without having to go back to UT & you don't have an option to go to traffic school. :mad:

ed

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">