• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have an unpaid speeding ticket and fear for my license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RaeTheLord

What is the name of your state? TX

I have had a speeding ticket recently and I have failed to pay by the due date. I called to see if I could set up a payment plan, but realized over the phone that I could not afford the initial payment and decided then to see if I could come up with the money in the time being.
Unfortunately, I have received a letter stating now that I could not renew my license and/or change my address on it until I pay ny due. Moreover, the amount to be paid for the ticket has doubled and another couple of hundred has appeared for failure to appear as promised, which surprises me since I hadn't defined any plan or made any promise over the phone.
I am wondering now if I can challenge some of the amount, and whether I have other options, since at the time, I really couldn't afford the amount.

S

seniorjudge

Instead of trying to fix the problem, you ignored it and it got worse.

Surrender.

Today will be the easiest it will ever be to fix the problem. You will just make it worse if you do not fix it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">