• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket in NY (out-of state)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stx

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? TX
I received a speeding ticket on I90, close to Albany (NY). 80 in 65 zone.
I called the court to find out if I can have the penalty reduced or if I am eligible for traffic school. My only ticket ever was about 5 years ago and it was dismissed by taking a defensive driving school (TX).
The clerk told me that the only way to have the penalty reduced or to be approved for traffic school will be to appear in person in court. If I plead guilty by mail they will not consider these options. I am from Texas and it will be very difficult for me to appear in court in NY.
Do you have any idea what I can do in order to reduce the penalty (points, fine)?
Thank you.
stx

S

seniorjudge

"Do you have any idea what I can do in order to reduce the penalty (points, fine)?"

Yes: the only way to have the penalty reduced or to be approved for traffic school will be to appear in person in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">