• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding in school zone-no sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pt3232

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

given a ticket 37/15 school zone, approx. 1,500 feet from the school entrance, where no road marks or end school zone sign was given. The opposite direction, which the officer came from, had a zone sign posted about 100 feet from where I was cited. The speed limit outside school hours is 35mph. Is there a valid point to no signs or marks being in place for the lane I was traveling in? Basically, I accelerated up to speed after the last visible school crossing since there was no other markings in sight.

S

seniorjudge

Pay your ticket, write a thank you note to the officer, and write a note of apology to the school children.

cjoeb

well pt, i was gonna give you my "search the state statute" and prove them wrong speech, but there is one word in your post that makes me very unsure of ANY defense for ANY offense............Louisiana.

i have many relatives in new orleans and thru out the state. the rampant corruption, police misconduct, racism (yes it is alive and well), and jury tactics in that backward state which they have told me about just boggles the mind.

i would go ahead and try, but i think i agree with seniorjudge on this one.

NWO

I wouldn't pay the fine until you look up the law on school zone boundaries. It should be under the speed code. A 1500 foot zone on each side of the school seems to be pretty far. In Ohio it is "UP TO" 300 feet on each side of the property line but every state will vary.

Shay-Pari'e

NWO said:
I wouldn't pay the fine until you look up the law on school zone boundaries. It should be under the speed code. A 1500 foot zone on each side of the school seems to be pretty far. In Ohio it is "UP TO" 300 feet on each side of the property line but every state will vary.
What is the law? Your dismissal of a noted school zone say's what about your lack of legal advice.

Another banned troll.

NWO

--PARIDISE-- said:
Every morning I look through the Forbes List of the richest people in America.............If I am not there, I go to work.
You read the list EVERY MORNING? The list only comes out once a year. It's the same exact list all year. DOH!

NWO

Unfortunately you wanted it to be Paradise, but were too stupid to spell it correctly so you now pretend it was an intentional misspelling when you are called on it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">